Steamond Travel Limited is committed to protecting your privacy. This policy sets out how we collect, use and store your personal information. This policy applies to our website and to our processing activities in general.
This policy covers our commitment to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other relevant data protection legislation. When we refer to “we”, “our” or “us” this means Steamond Ltd.
Registered address: 657 Fulham Road, London, SW6 5PY
Company Registration Number: 1220157
ICO – Information Commissioner’s Office Registration: ZA830967
VAT Number GB 241809371
When we refer to “personal information” within this policy we mean “personal data” as defined under the GDPR. (“Personal data” means any information which relates to a living individual who can be identified either directly or indirectly such as a name, an email address, or other personal details).
We collect your personal information to ensure we operate effectively and provide you with the best experiences with our products and services. The aim of this policy is to inform you about how we use your personal information and your choices, including how to access and update your personal information.
We may make changes to this policy from time to time by updating this page, so encourage you to refer back to this policy. If we make any significant changes, we will endeavour to notify you.
Information We May Collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms, documents or forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you don’t have to respond to them.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
• Information that you request us to forward to other service providers, including but not limited to addresses for brochure requests and details of proposed holiday requirements.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our partners. This is aggregate data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and doesn’t identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that’s transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
• To speed up your searches
• To recognise you when you return to our site
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet isn’t completely secure. Although we’ll do our best to protect your personal data, we can’t guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we’ve received your information, we’ll use our reasonable endeavours to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of the Information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you’ve consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
• To forward appropriate personal data and details of those in your group, to third party partners who provide services for your travel requirements (eg. relevant airlines, hotels, rental car, transfers etc…).
• To notify you of offers and services from us or our preferred partners that match interests or requirements you’ve registered with us.
If you’re an existing customer, we’ll only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you’re a new customer, and where members of Steamond Limited wish to contact you with third party offers, we will contact you by electronic means only if you’ve consented to this.
If you don’t want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may need to disclose your personal information to third parties:
• As explicitly or implicitly instructed by you, for example when forwarding information or brochure requests to service providers (eg. relevant airlines, hotels, car rental, ground operators, transfers etc…).
• If Steamond Limited. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party. In which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we’re under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms & conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Steamond, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We’ll inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at 23 Eccleston Street, London, SW1W 9LX, United Kingdom. Please mark your correspondence for the attention of the Data Controller.
Our site contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we don’t accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access personal information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.